ant-user mailing list archives

From "DJ Kingsolver" <dkingsol...@gmail.com>
Subject String Manipulation
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:57:41 GMT
Hi all,

I need to do a simple string manipulation, but I'm finding it harder than I
expected.

Say I have a property like this:
  <property name="inputString" value="foo/bar/baz" />

I'd like to set another property like this:
  <property name="outputString" value="${inputString (with '/' replaced with
'_')}" />

So, <echo message="${outputString}" /> would write "[echo]  foo_bar_baz"

What is a good way to achieve this?

I've thought about writing inputString to a file and replacing the '/' with
'_' using <replace>, then reading the changed value back out of the file.
But I'd rather not have the overhead of writing to a file.

Thanks for your help,
DJ