ant-user mailing list archives

From "Toomey, Kevin H (ATS, IT)" <Kevin.Too...@thehartford.com>
Subject RE: Redirecting <javac> compile errors
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:27:12 GMT
I agree, if I really need it, I really need to write it (and share). I have a great deal of
appreciation and respect for the work done by others to make Ant what it is and am not asking
for anything more. I apologize if my statement gave a different impression.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:51 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Redirecting <javac> compile errors

Toomey, Kevin H (ATS, IT) wrote:
> It looks like support for JSR199 (java compiler API) would give me what I'm looking for,
but I couldn't tell for sure if/when that support would be available with Ant.

The open source story with ant is: if you need a feature, you get to
implement it. If you can add a new compiler adapter in a way that it
works, and such that ant still builds on pre Java-6 systems, then it
will go into Ant 1.8. Otherwise, you have to wait until someone else has
the need and the time.

-steve

destroy all copies.