ant-user mailing list archives

From "Toomey, Kevin H (ATS, IT)" <>
Subject RE: Mail Task
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:21:48 GMT

Your problem appears similar to something I ran across a while back. After doing some digging
I did find the cause but the details are escaping me for the moment. I believe you're correct
that it's a missing jar file. In any event, since the messages I was sending were plain text,
adding encoding="plain" to my <mail> task cleared up the issue.

Hope that helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Knuplesch, Jürgen []
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 8:03 AM
Subject: Mail Task

When I run the mail task I often get this Errormessage:

     [mail] Failed to initialise MIME mail: javax/mail/MessagingException
     [mail] Sending email: Mailtest
     [mail] Failed to send email

C:\DopeBuildBase\Build\DopeBuildServer\dopebuild_ant.xml:2973: IO error sending mail

But when I run the Ant-File with Eclipse it works and when I send Mails in my Buildprocess
it works from one server but not from the other. It never worked from the commandline.

Where do I have to search?
Is there a reason or a solution?
Is there a special jar that is sometimes missing?

This is my Testmailfile that works under Eclipse, but not as Batch on a different machine:

<project name="Testmail" default="mailtest">

	<property name="MailLogger.mailhost" value="XXXXXXX"/>
	<property name="MailLogger.from"     value="Mailtest"/>
	<property name="MailLogger.failure.subject" value="Mailbuild"/>
	<property name="MailLogger.success.subject" value="Mailbuild success"/>
	<property name="" value=""/>
	<property name="" value=""/>

	<target name="mailtest" description="Hallo">
	  <mail  mailhost="XXXXXXX"
	    		 message="Alles klar"

Jürgen Knuplesch
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275
Sophienstraße 40
D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121

To unsubscribe, e-mail: