ant-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Holzwarth <chuck_holzwa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: environment attribute
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:02:31 GMT
I just tried this on a Solaris VM on my desktop and HOSTNAME is not defined by default. You
may want to issue "export HOSTNAME=`hostname`" in your .profile. Change this as appropriate
for your shell.

Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote: On 1/4/08, Barry Pape  wrote:
> Hopefully this is a quick and easy question.  Is the environment
> attribute of the property task supported on Solaris?

Yes.

> I've been trying
> to use ${env.HOSTNAME} but it doesn't appear to resolve.

Most likely because you have no such env. var. in your current shell.
Verify that using echo $HOSTNAME in the same shell you run Ant from.

Available env. vars varies by OS and shell usually. --DD