ant-user mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@grafidog.com>
Subject Re: Capitalize property value
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:53:30 GMT
The StringUtils task from the Antelope project will do it:

http://antelope.tigris.org/nonav/docs/manual/bk03ch13.html

Here's an example:

   <target name="test2">
      <property name="prop2" value="abcdefgh"/>
      <echo>prop2 before = ${prop2}</echo>
      <a:stringutil string="${prop2}" property="prop2">
         <a:uppercase/>
      </a:stringutil>
      <echo>prop2 after = ${prop2}</echo>
      <a:assert message="prop2, expected ABCDEFGH, got ${prop2}">
         <bool>
            <equals arg1="ABCDEFGH" arg2="${prop2}"/>
         </bool>
      </a:assert>
   </target>

StringUtils will also do lowercase, trim, substring, sort, replace, and
so on.  Hope this helps,

Dale