ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: Is there a way to search for a file matching a condition and assign it to a variable ?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:36:07 GMT
Hariharasudhan R schrieb:
> Hi Gilbert,
>
> Since it is undocumented is there any chance that it will be removed in
> future versions of Ant ?
>
> I am asking since my project will be having a long support life time and
> newer versions of Ant may be used at a later point of time.
>
> thanks,
> Hari
>
> On Jan 16, 2008 1:28 AM, Gilbert Rebhan <ant@schillbaer.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I am also not familiar with the "${toString:yourid} " syntax.
>>> Is there some place where I can read up about this ?
>> it's not documented in the manuals, but well known
>> among experienced ant users

don't know, i've heard it's mentioned in the new book of
Steve Loughran [http://www.antbook.org/],but i don't know if
it's gonna stay ...

if vanilla ant ain't enough or doesn't work to your like
you may alway use a scripting language with <script> task
(i.e. ruby,groovy,javascript,beanshell ...) or write
your own ant task (it's not that difficult if you know
some java) or use another build system, f.e.

http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/
http://rubyhitsquad.com/Vlad_the_Deployer.html

or ...

Regards, Gilbert