ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sshexec problem
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:40:58 GMT
ext-simon.steiner@nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I get the environment that putty gives in a portable way. Such as calling some commands
when logged in to switch.

> Am I right in thinking that /etc/profile is not called for sshexec which is the main
problem.

> Sshexec gives me a TERM=dumb and Putty TERM=xterm.

1. sshexec isnt an xterm, is it? so any negotiated terminal capabilites
conversation isnt going to work

2. its likely that the ssh terminal is not coming in as a login shell
(i.e bash -login), though the set-for-every-shell env variables should
be set up. You'd have to check with the ssh documentation to see what
goes on there

-steve