ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: converting from DOS/Visual Studio to Ant for build
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:47:40 GMT
On Jan 17, 2008 1:34 PM, weiji <> wrote:
> Our current build process involves a DOS batch file to loop through a list
> of solutions that we want to build, and invoking the command line Visual
> Studio client to build each one.  We are interested in Ant as a replacement,
> since we believe the logic control/conditional execution of targets will
> come in very handy.  However, first we need to get it working as a
> functional replacement for our current needs.
> There are two parts we need to get working first.  The list of solutions to
> build is manually maintained (and is a subset of the directories under our
> solutions directory).  The first issue is to figure out how to pass this
> list of solutions into Ant. The second issue is how to invoke the same
> target for each solution, passing the name of the solution to the exec task.
> Any suggestions or alternatives are highly appreciated.

Unless you also have Java code to build, NAnt or msbuild directly may
be better suited to your needs. Ant can do it, and there's an Antlib
to deal specifically with Visual Studio and .NET stuff, since it
sounds you are Windows only, Ant+Java may not be the best fit. Just my
$0.02. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message