ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: saxon extension via <xslt>
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:34:17 GMT
On Jan 3, 2008 12:03 PM, Mario Madunic <hajduk@imag.net> wrote:
> I would like to use the line-number() extension provided by Saxon when parsing
> my xml files. So far I've not been able to pass the -l arg.
>
> <xslt in="${p_InstallDir}/doNotDelete/keep.xml"
> out="${p_InstallDir}/finished/${p_ReportName}.xml"
> includes="*.${p_IncludeExtensions}" style="${p_InstallDir}/XSLT/master.xsl">
>   <param name="-l" expression="true" />
> </xslt>

You are confusing passing a param to the stylesheet, and passing a
param to the Saxon main entry point. The nested <param> is a
stylesheet parameter, as specified by the XSLT spec. There's no way to
pass the -l comand-line flag to Saxon, as Ant is using the generic
Trax API to configure the transformation engine. You'd need to invoke
the Saxon main directly using <java> to be able to pass -l to it. --DD