ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: sshexec and rexec hung
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:33:50 GMT
I think this really depends on what you are executing with your shell
script. Do the same scripts hang when you execute outside ant, using
rexec or ssh? Try using nohup and be sure to background any processes
you start.

-Rob A

-----Original Message-----
From: Z W [mailto:mpc8250@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:24 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: sshexec and rexec hung

Hi

I've been trying to get my shell scripts to work with rexec and sshexec.
My experience seems to indicate to me that both tasks don't seem to hang
when executing shell scripts
after exporting env variables with . ./profile.

Is that everyone's experience or perhaps it's just me.
I don't have much success trying to kill the parent process of the
<rexec>
on a remote host.
My research shows that <rexec> basically issues sh -c <command>
Is there a workaround to get out of the task at the end of shell script
execution ?
Even exit statement within shell script doesn't solve this.

thanks