ant-user mailing list archives

From kermitt <herve.bourz...@genesys.com>
Subject Re: import file from jar (or classpath)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:40:23 GMT

In a previous post I suggest this:

I wish Ant import would support URL + jar like that :

<project ...>
   <import url="http://repo/build.jar!common-build.xml"/>
</project>

As ivy became a sub project, it would make sense to have a closer
integration like :

<project ...>
   <import url="ivy://settings.xml:org/module/artifact@MyResolver" />
<!--
would locate the settings.xml file and seek a build-common.xml file using
MyResolver resolver.
-->
</project>

we could imagine deeper integration :

<project ...>
   <import url="ivy://settings.xml:org/module/artifact@MyResolver"
ivyFile="${basedir]/ivy.xml"/>
<!--
configure ivy / read the ivy file
would map each ivy configuration to a path ( path could use a lazy resolve
proxy: resolve only when it get used)
would import resolved artifcat as an ant build file

-->
</project>