ant-user mailing list archives

From Knuplesch, Jürgen <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: how to change testnames in junitreport?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:45:14 GMT
The simplest way I can think of ist to write 3 Tests and one method, that does the work. This
method gets the parameters from the test_DE test_US method etc. Junit has therefore three
Tests with names that show what your Test is testing.

--
Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275
Sophienstraße 40
D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: NOFXer [mailto:nofxer@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Januar 2008 13:46
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: how to change testnames in junitreport?

I have the following problem. I'm doing JUnit tests with only one Testclass but with different
parameters. So when I generate the JUnit reports all Tests have of course the same name.
So I would have:

Classes
 ExampleTest
 ExampleTest
 ExampleTest

I attached a variable to the XML files so they won't get overwritten. If I look at the properties
of the testreports I could distinguish them, but I want to see it at the first look.
So what I need is something like this in the navigation menu:

Classes
 ExampleTest_DE
 ExampleTest_US
 ExampleTest_UK

I know that I can pass parameters to xsl file and could change the displayed names, but since
I call my junitreport target after all Tests have been done there is no way to get the previous
parameters like the used locale(DE,UK,US).

Is there a way to parse the generated xml filenames within the process of html generation?
Or do you have another suggestion?

I really hope you understood my problem :)