ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robin Chaddock" <robin.chadd...@iplay.com>
Subject Re: Aggregation of <fileset> or <path> ?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:17:21 GMT
<path/> elements can be nested, and so can be aggregated in the way you describe.
I'd suggest steering clear of handling filesets directly, instead always wrap them in a <path/>.

Unfortunately far too many 3d party tasks do use them directly - which is a pain :(

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Darryl Miles
  To: Ant Users List
  Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 12:06 PM
  Subject: Aggregation of <fileset> or <path> ?

  The concept is a "fileset" or "path" is great, but I have to label each
  one, I can't aggregate them for 2 or more.

  <path>
   <fileset refid="my.fileset.unique"/>
  </path>

  I want the above "fileset" to actually be 2 or more filesets as if I had
  written them out like:

  <path>
    <fileset refid="my.fileset.unique.one"/>
    <fileset refid="my.fileset.unique.two"/>
  </path>

  But be labeled as a single label "my.fileset.unique".

  Maybe a <filesetgroup> is needed:

  <filesetgroup id="my.filesetgroup.foobar">
    <fileset refid="my.fileset.unique.one"/>
    <fileset refid="my.fileset.unique.two"/>
  </filesetgroup>

  Where <filesetgroup refid="my.filesetgroup.foobar"/> could be used in
  _ANY_ place that a regular <fileset/> could be.

  Darryl