ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <>
Subject Re: Output going into subdirectory of output.dir, not output.dir
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:16:15 GMT
I can't find any reference that the property output.dir has any
special value. I've searched through the whole Ant manual, and found
two references to "output.dir". Both are used as examples for the name
of some output directory. You can always do this:

$ ant > ant.out.txt

Or if you're on Unix:

$ ant | tee ant.out.txt

On Dec 18, 2007 2:33 PM, DuCharme, Bob <> wrote:
> My build.xml includes the following  lines:
>       <property name="output.dir" value="out"/>
>       <property name="args.input" value="samples/${inputfile}"/>
> I wanted the output to go into the out directory, which I swear it was
> doing yesterday, but today it's putting the output into out/samples. Can
> anyone tell me how to specify that I want it to go into the out
> directory and not a subdirectory of that?
> thanks,
> Bob
> Disclaimer:
> "This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
this e-mail or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful."

David Weintraub

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: