ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie question: variable scope
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:59:14 GMT
When you say "upload", what do you mean? Are you using "ftp" or "scp"
to move the files from your system to another system?

If so, you probably would be better off using the AntContrib
<outofdate> task or the <uptodate> task to determine whether or not to
move these files to another system than trying to save their names
into a property.

On Dec 11, 2007 10:33 AM, Hudson Ansley <hudsonansley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use the discouraged "var" to keep track of updated files
> for a final upload step. It appears that when I change a variable in
> one target, that change is not reflected from another target. I
> imagine I am going about this the wrong way, so besides explaining why
> this might be happening, a suggestion for a different approach would
> also be welcome. Here is exactly what I'm doing
>
> 1) conditionally compile from source (if source has changed)
>
> 2) conditionally create a file using XSLT (if source changed)
>
> 3) upload one or both of those files, or don't even bother to open a
> connection if neither has been updated.
>
> #3 is where I'm having problems. I thought I could gather the
> respective files in a string in the targets for 1 & 2 and use that in
> this target, but that is where I am running into issues with changes
> made in a var in #1 and #2 not showing in #3
>
> Thanks in advance for any help - I'm sure I'm missing something
> simple, but I did go over the help and search old messages before
> posting
> Regards,
> Hudson

David Weintraub