ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vim's .swp files triggering jar to re-execute
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2007 00:50:34 GMT
The JAR task doesn't look at the source files, but at the contents that is
suppose to go into the JAR. Unjar the contents of the JAR and take a look at
what is included in the JAR. If the .swp files are included in the JAR,
that's your problem.
Do you include and exclude specific files in your JAR?

The .swp files are suppose to be temporary files and should be deleted when
you quit VIM. Are your .swp files sticking around?

On Nov 30, 2007 5:05 AM, Dimitris Mouchritsas <dmouch@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I did a small project yesterday, producing a jar and a war file.
> I thought I planned out my build file carefully (it was a small one after
> all)
> but I noticed that the jar task executed even though I hadn't changed
> anything
> in the source files. When I closes a file a had opened with Vim the jar
> task
> stop executing as was normal. Could the .swp file cause this? Even though
> it doesn't end up in the jar file? Thanks.
>
> --
> Dimitris Mouchritsas
> Computer Services

David Weintraub