ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building a J2EE 1.4 app using ant on OS X
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:37:12 GMT
Hi

> We're running OC4J 10.1.2 which obviously runs J2EE 1.4. I need to be able to
> build with J2EE on a mac but can't work out how to install and then
> subsequently reference J2EE 1.4 when building the app. We're using an ant
> task to build the app. I get lots of errors saying that HttpServletRequest
> can't be found, which obviously means that it can't find j2ee.jar.
>
> How do you install J2EE 1.4 on a Power PC mac?

First OSX is a unix variant, so you should treat compiling java apps
(of any kind) as you would compiling java apps on a unix/linux box

> We mainly develop on Windows but we're trying to give our designers (with
> PowerPC macs) the ability to do builds and deployments themselves.

I think you mean 'how do I get ant to build a j2ee app on OSX', not
how do I install j2ee on a mac?

If you read the ant manual you can see how to configure a <classpath>
that should contain servlet.jar and servlet-api.jar

running ant on the Mac/OSX is the same as on any other os, open a
terminal, cd to the correct directory (of your project) and then ant
<target>

If you currently use your IDE to build, then you first need to ignore
your normal build process as the IDE is probably not installed (or
indeed available) for OSX

Kev