ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: extended parallelism
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 06:11:57 GMT
> Sure, but you can regard the body of a target as having an
> implicit <sequential> block.

yes

> <target name="b">
>    <taskb1>
>    <parallel>
>      <taskb2>
>      <taskb3>
>    </parallel>
> </target>
>
> you'll get the following dependencies among the _tasks_:
>

> taskb1: -none-
> taskb2: taskb1
> taskb3: taskb1

where is <parallel> ? Just for annotating?

taskb1  : -none-
parallel: taskb1

and the execution of 'parallel' would be

taskb2: - none-
taskb3: taskb2

so just sequential ...

> For example, if you limit the number of concurrently executed
> threads to 2, and
> assume that taska1 takes much longer than whole target "b",
> then taskb2 and
> taskb3 would not run concurrently, as otherwise the total
> number of running
> threads would exceed. I hope that this makes my point clearer.

If you delimit the number of threads to one - you would get a
single-threaded solution ;)
but where is the disadvantage? Is there any deadlock? The build should
process ...

Jan