ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: extended parallelism
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:27:57 GMT
> As I understand it, the order is respected under
> simple circumstances, but ultimately the dependency
> graph is calculated such that a dependency is executed
> however early it must be to ensure that every target's
> dependencies precede it.

That is what I thought.
The contract is only that the dependend targets have to be processed
before this target - without any order. Order 'could' default to
left-to-right,
if you are working in a single thread environment.

> Jan:  Alexey had been working on a parallel executor at one time

There was something like that in my mind ...
But AFAIK that approach needed to change (annotate) the buildfile. I
wanted to
keep the existing builfile and parallelize as much as possible.

> in fact this was one of the motivations
> for the creation of the Executor interface

I found that interface by accident ;)
Ok - while reading the manual
  http://ant.apache.org/manual/running.html#sysprops
  Property description of 'ant.executor.class'

> From an initial eyeball of your code this looks like great work.  :)

Thanks.
So I could commit that into the sandbox ...

Jan