ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Divide And Conquer Ant Question
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:27:16 GMT
I would externalize (huge amounts of) macrodefs in their own files.
a) into a buildfile and re<import> that
b) into an antlib.xml and use xmlns declarations.

my.jar!/org/my/antlib.xml
<antlib>
</antlib>

build.xml (having my.jar on the classpath)
<project xmlns:my="org.my">
  <my:hello/>
</project>

Additional note:
Lets say you have a larger hierarchy  "A imports B; B imports C".
Then A contains all macros and targets from B _and_ from C.
When working with xmlns "A imports B; B uses xmlns-C"
A only contains B. Xml namespaces are not imported.

Jan