ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frederich, Eric P21322" <eric.freder...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Setting final strings at compile time
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:05:15 GMT
Thanks for the reply and a possible solution but this seems more like a
hack.
Yeah, right now I have something like
Public static final String programName = "Java Program XYZ";
I'd like to be able to make one where that string is "Java Program XYZ -
Development Version" automagically using ant.

If the javac command could set properties the way the java command does
it would be nice.
If this isn't the case I guess I'll be stuck with a "hack" like this.
Just seems to be a pain to explicitly copy the original to a tmp
directory, do the replacement on the file, compile it and then copy the
original file back.