ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frederich, Eric P21322" <eric.freder...@siemens.com>
Subject Setting final strings at compile time
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:19:56 GMT
Hello,

Is there an easy way to set final Java Strings at compile time?
I know you can set properties at runtime with -Dproperty=value but could
I do this at compile time?
What I want to do is have one target which makes a program called "Java
Program XYZ - production" and another which is called "Java Program XYZ
- development".
Also, it would be useful to somehow get the date and time at which it
was compiled into the program.

I figured this would be common, hopefully it is.  Perhaps I just don't
know the right words to search on Google.

Thanks in advance,
~Eric