ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Frequent java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:08:38 GMT
Hi Ravi

This is what I configure to enable increased min/max heap
(Note the collection of unused PermGen parameters)
-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -X
X:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

HTH
M-
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ravi Roy" <ravi.aroy@gmail.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 10:37 AM
Subject: Frequent java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error

Hello all,

I am running my product build with cruisecontrol using ant 1.7.0. I have set
ANT_OPTS=-Xms=1536m -Xmx1536m, but still I am getting below mentioned error,
I have searched mail archive, but I see ANT_OPTS settings, which I have
already set, I get the following error :

    [javac] The system is out of resources.
    [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Am I doing right to set ANT_OPTS variable to increase the heap size ? I am
running my build machine using Windows XP with 2.0 Gigabyte of physical RAM.

Does somebody know how to handle this ? It is more frequent now.

Thanks in adavnace for thoughts.

Regards,
Ravi