ant-user mailing list archives

From "Toomey, Kevin H (ATS, IT)" <Kevin.Too...@thehartford.com>
Subject <antcall> target unable to find buildfile
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:02:04 GMT
I use Ant as the workhorse of a web application used across our enterprise for all manner of
software construction tasks for ~100 applications. I have a class (AntTask) which gets instantiated
for each request (build, deployment, test, etc.).  The class creates an org.apache.ant.Project,
sets it's properties and then sets the appropriate ${ant.file} which is found via the classpath
using:

ClassLoader cl = this.getClass().getClassLoader();
URL url = cl.getResource("myAntFile"));
project.setUserProperty("ant.file", url.toExternalForm());
ProjectHelper2 ph2 = new ProjectHelper2();
ph2.parse(project, url);

I also create a temporary work area and set that as the "basedir" of the Project before running
"project.execute()".

Everything works fine unless my ${ant.file} uses the <antcall> task. Even though the
called target is in the same ant.file, I get an error:

"java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\FactoryFloor\widgets\MyApp\IterativeBuild\jar:file:\C:\SDF_Factory\lib\sdfant.jar!\config\int\SDFAntCommon.xml"

c:\FactoryFloor\widgets\MyApp\IterativeBuild is the directory that was set as the project's
${basedir}. In looking at the source files for <antcall> (CallTarget.java) and Ant (Ant.java),
things are basically working correctly. Ant.java assumes the build file is resident on the
file system either in, or relative to, the project ${basedir}.

Am I missing something? Is there a way around this aside from reading the ${ant.file} at startup
and then writing it to a location on the file system? That's not a huge deal to do, but I'd
rather keep everything in the *.war.

Thanks,
Kevin

destroy all copies.