ant-user mailing list archives

From Bourzeix, Hervé <Herve.Bourz...@Genesys.com>
Subject RE: Frequent java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:42:15 GMT
have you tried to fork and specify the memoryInitialSize and memoryMaximumSize?

you should try with another compiler if you were using Sun Javac, try jikes or even better
eclipse compiler (org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter)

my 2cts...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi Roy [mailto:ravi.aroy@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 4:37 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Frequent java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error

Hello all,

I am running my product build with cruisecontrol using ant 1.7.0. I have set
ANT_OPTS=-Xms=1536m -Xmx1536m, but still I am getting below mentioned error,
I have searched mail archive, but I see ANT_OPTS settings, which I have
already set, I get the following error :

    [javac] The system is out of resources.
    [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Am I doing right to set ANT_OPTS variable to increase the heap size ? I am
running my build machine using Windows XP with 2.0 Gigabyte of physical RAM.

Does somebody know how to handle this ? It is more frequent now.

Thanks in adavnace for thoughts.

Regards,
Ravi