ant-user mailing list archives

From "DuCharme, Bob" <BDuCha...@innodata-isogen.com>
Subject RE: Output going into subdirectory of output.dir, not output.dir
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:28:36 GMT

Thanks. I now realize that the output.dir property is specific to the
use of ant in the DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)
and not a general ant thing. (That's what comes from trying to learn
both at once!)

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: David Weintraub [mailto:qazwart@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:16 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Output going into subdirectory of output.dir, not
output.dir

I can't find any reference that the property output.dir has any special
value. I've searched through the whole Ant manual, and found two
references to "output.dir". Both are used as examples for the name of
some output directory. You can always do this:

$ ant > ant.out.txt

Or if you're on Unix:

$ ant | tee ant.out.txt

On Dec 18, 2007 2:33 PM, DuCharme, Bob <BDuCharme@innodata-isogen.com>
wrote:

> My build.xml includes the following  lines:
>
>       <property name="output.dir" value="out"/>
>       <property name="args.input" value="samples/${inputfile}"/>
>
> I wanted the output to go into the out directory, which I swear it was

> doing yesterday, but today it's putting the output into out/samples.
> Can anyone tell me how to specify that I want it to go into the out
> directory and not a subdirectory of that?
>
> thanks,
>
> Bob
>

> Disclaimer:
> -----------
>
> "This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
printing or copying of this e-mail or any action taken in reliance on
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful."

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Disclaimer:

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.