ant-user mailing list archives

From "Todd Patrick" <Todd.Patr...@dtn.com>
Subject RE: What does the warning "selected war files include a WEB-INF/web.xml which will be ignored" mean?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:56:39 GMT
Steve:

Thank you for the explanation ( and answering my other WAR task email ).

To my understanding, could I move the web.xml out of the WEB-INF
directory and instead of using:

<war destfile="${dist}/PetroAdminEA-war.war"
webxml="web/WEB-INF/web.xml">

I should use:

<war destfile="${dist}/PetroAdminEA-war.war" webxml="web/web.xml">

Thanks again,

--Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:28 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: What does the warning "selected war files include a
WEB-INF/web.xml which will be ignored" mean?

Todd Patrick wrote:
> Warning: selected war files include a WEB-INF/web.xml which will be
> ignored (please use webxml attribute to war task)
>
> I've googled this warning without a lot of results.
>
> I have currently have the web.xml in the WEB-INF directory, so is this

> error thrown because I'm trying to overwrite the web.xml?

It likes you to explicitly declare your web.xml file via the webxml
attribute. When it sees a WEB-INF/web.xml file in the filesets it is
including, and that file is not the same one you asked for earlier, it
warns that the file is being ignored.

its only a warning, but it does mean that you may not end up with the
web.xml file you were expecting

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.