ant-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malo...@knipp.de>
Subject Libraries for optional tasks defined from within build.xml
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:17:59 GMT

Hi,

sorry if this is a newbie question, but I did not find an answer in docs, faqs,
google etc.

I'm using Ant 1.7, and I would like to use the <script> and <scriptdef> tasks
solve a particular problem. Since these are optional tasks, they need various
libraries when run under Java5. So far, I was able to run a little "hello world"
script. But what really bothers me is that I either have to copy the libraries
into my ant installation or have to use the "-lib" option for each of the three
libraries. As I want to distribute the project and as it shall be platform
independent, writing a shell script or a Windows batch file is not really the
solution I imagine. I would prefer to reference the libraries from within the
build.xml file, like it is done with <typedef>/<taskdef> for external tasks.
Trying to use the <typedef> mechanism for this purpose failed; An attempt to
override the "script" task results in an error "Trying to override old
definition of task script"; choosing a different name reveals that the libraries
are not found despite being referenced (maybe ant uses a different class loader
for that purpose).

    <path id="lib.path">
       <fileset dir="lib" includes="**/*.jar"/>
     </path>

     <typedef
       name="scriptx"
       classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script"
       classpathref="lib.path"/>

Any help is highly appreciated.

Klaus