ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: What does the warning "selected war files include a WEB-INF/web.xml which will be ignored" mean?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:21:57 GMT
Todd Patrick wrote:
> Steve:
> Thank you for the explanation ( and answering my other WAR task email ).
> To my understanding, could I move the web.xml out of the WEB-INF
> directory and instead of using:
> <war destfile="${dist}/PetroAdminEA-war.war"
> webxml="web/WEB-INF/web.xml">
> I should use:
> <war destfile="${dist}/PetroAdminEA-war.war" webxml="web/web.xml">

Both will work. the first should be smart enough to recognise its the
same file and not tell you off; I spent some time trying to reduce the
amount of time that <war> told me off, but found it a bit of a losing

The <jar> task does everything you need without any complaints., BTW.

Steve Loughran
Author: Ant in Action

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: