ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What does the warning "selected war files include a WEB-INF/web.xml which will be ignored" mean?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:28:10 GMT
Todd Patrick wrote:
> Warning: selected war files include a WEB-INF/web.xml which will be
> ignored (please use webxml attribute to war task)
>
> I've googled this warning without a lot of results.
>
> I have currently have the web.xml in the WEB-INF directory, so is this
> error thrown because I'm trying to overwrite the web.xml?

It likes you to explicitly declare your web.xml file via the webxml
attribute. When it sees a WEB-INF/web.xml file in the filesets it is
including, and that file is not the same one you asked for earlier, it
warns that the file is being ignored.

its only a warning, but it does mean that you may not end up with the
web.xml file you were expecting

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/