ant-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Farafonov <farafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Target description format using -projecthelp
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:41:04 GMT
Unfortunately 'description' attribute does not allow usage of properties
like ${line.separator}. However, ant files are XML files.
So you can use XML character escapes and parser will put correct
character for you.
For example:
&#10; is a new line character. You can add &#13; if you want return
character (\r for Windows/DOS OS)
So description for target:
  <target name="test" description="options: &#10;  -option1 &#10;
-option2">
  </target>
Looks like this:
     test  options:
     -option1
     -option2

You can actually encode any character using hex values. Search w3c site
for specs.

Hope it helps,
Dmitri.