ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Setting final strings at compile time
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:15:54 GMT
Eric:

Unfortunately, you are compiling a static final String :(

Perhaps a properties file distributed with your app could hold the
String instead?

I wasn't proposing copying, replacing and then copying back...  What I
meant was this:

I assume your source code is checked into some source control systems
like Subversion or CVS?  Therefore, you probably want to copy the file
elsewhere solely for the purpose of doing the text replacement...
Otherwise, the file will show it is in a modified state (for example
running "svn stat")...

You can copy the file to a new location and add that dir as part of the
Java source path in the javac task...  It will pick up the copied file
over the other non-modified one...  Of course, you want to keep the
directory structure the same where you copy it over...  For example lets
say your source is in /shared/projects/src/java/com/Main.java, you might
want to copy to /shared/projects/generated/com/Main.java and then do this:

<javac srcdir = "/shared/projects/src/java:/shared/projects/generated" .../>

Does that make sense?