ant-user mailing list archives

From "Z W" <mpc8...@gmail.com>
Subject Target description format using -projecthelp
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:00:31 GMT
Hi

In using -projecthelp with ant on Win XP, I found that the description
column isn't too friendly with displaying a long description.
In the display I got,
C:ant -buildfile auto_perform_draft.xml -projecthelp
Buildfile: auto_perform_draft.xml

Main targets:
 display_usage_message  This target displays the message on Run.
 init_performance_run   This target performs the following initializations:
- Capture the starting date/time of a run.     - Clean up files
from previous runs.

In the ant script, I have

<target name="init_performance_run"

depends="display_usage_message"

description="This target performs the following initializations:

- Capture the starting date/time of a run.

- Clean up files from previous runs.">

</target>

Any advice on how I could achieve a display that look like this:
Main targets:
 display_usage_message  This target displays the message on Run.
init_performance_run
This target performs the following initializations:
                                       - Capture the starting date/time of a
run.
                                       - Clean up files from previous runs.

I need a nice formatting on the output display

Thanks