ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Specify non-top level target
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:08:33 GMT
When you create top level targets, use the "description" parameter.
Then, when you do ant -projecthelp, the names of the targets show up:

<target name="archive"
    description="Builds the compressed tarball archive in directory
&quot;archive&quot;"/>

$ ant -projecthelp
Buildfile: build.xml

Main targets:
archive   Builds the compressed tarball archive in directory "archive"

Default target: ???
$

Now through Eclipse...

You could create special "eclipse" targets that merely rename other
targets. I don't know how Eclipse lists targets (whether by file
location or alphabetically), but this could help:

<target name="01_archive"
    depends="archive"/>

I don't have Eclipse up and running, so I really can't test this, but
if Eclipse displays the targets in order in the build file, you could
put them on top. If it lists targets alphabetically, put a number
prefix in front of them.
On Nov 20, 2007 1:24 PM, mjdenham <mjdenham@gmail.com> wrote:

> My ant build file is getting quite long and has a lot of targets.  When I
> view the ant file in Eclipse it can be difficult to see which targets are
> the top-level ones which I would call and which are just helper targets like
> "init".
>
> Is it possible to remove some of the "targets" from the external interface
> just leaving a set of targets which people will actually invoke.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin
> --

David Weintraub