ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to set a property based on the contents of files in a tree?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:51:50 GMT
I'd just use <property name="files_path" refid="fileset"> and then
check if property "files_path" is greater than zero.

 <fileset dir="WebInfra/Source" id="fileset" includes="**/*">
   <containsregexp expression="dg" />
 </fileset>

<property name="files_path" refid="fileset">

<condition property="prop_from_condition">
    <equals arg1="${files_path}" arg2=""/>
</condition>

That I believe works in 1.6.5. I took a quick look at a few other ways
using selectors, but I don't think those work with 1.6.5.

On 11/5/07, Jay Dickon Glanville <dickon.glanville@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm doing something, but I'm not sure I'm doing it the best way
> possible.  So, I thought I'd ask the experts.
>
> What I want to do is set a property if at least one file in a
> directory tree contains a regular expression X.  Here's what I'm
> doing:
>
> Create a fileset containing all files that match this condition:
>   <fileset dir="WebInfra/Source" id="fileset" includes="**/*">
>     <containsregexp expression="dg" />
>   </fileset>
>
> Convert that fileset to a string that contains the filenames in the fileset:
>   <pathconvert pathsep="--" property="files_path" refid="fileset" />
>
> Set the property if the filename string is longer then 0:
>   <condition property="prop_from_condition" value="true">
>     <length string="${files_path}" trim="true" when="greater" length="0" />
>   </condition>
>
> So, is this the best way to set a property to true if a directory tree
> contains a file that matches a RegEx?  Is there a better way?
>
> Thanks
>
> JDG
>
> PS: I'm limited by my current environment to ant 1.6.5.
>
> --
> Jay Dickon Glanville

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com