ant-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Tolmasky <>
Subject Alternative to subant
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:42:40 GMT
My project currently uses a common build file to build a number of sub-
(each of which may also have a sub-project as well).  My first
inclination was thus
to use the subant task to build all these subprojects, as so (almost
straight out of
and subtask documentation):

     <macrodef name = "iterate">

         <attribute name = "target"/>

             <subant inheritall="false" inheritrefs="false" target =
"@{target}" genericantfile = "build.xml">
                 <dirset dir = "." includes = "*.subproj"/>

     <target name = "Build-Project">

	<!-- Do Stuff -->

	<iterate target = "Build-Project" />

However, this fails with "subant task calling its own parent target."
This shouldn't be happening
because I am calling the target on a different directory.  I snooped
around the web and enough
people have run into this for me to consider it a bug and thus a lost
cause.  My question instead
is how to alternatively achieve this same effect.  I tried using
<apply executable = "ant"> to
achieve something similar to this, but with little luck.  Any thoughts
or suggestions?

Francisco Tolmasky

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: