ant-user mailing list archives

From "Agarkar, M (Milind)" <Milind.Agar...@rabobank.com>
Subject Returning a string as output from ANT task
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:47:14 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to write a custom ant task to accept two parameters and
return a string as the output. I have tried the following

1. First I did use the java task with 'outputproperty' and that works
well, returns the output string fine, however, it also returns a lot of
log statements from the java class, so, instead of returning a string,
it actually returns a stringbuffer. This is not good because the output
string is referred to in other targets

2. I tried writing in output file and that works perfect. Hoeever this
is not the preferable solution for me.

3. I tried writing a custom ant task extending java task and tried to
get the outputproperty, but it does not seem to work either. It does not
return the outputproperty as the java task does.

Can anybody point out the mistakes if any and ways to fix that ? OR ways
to acieve what I want ?

Thanks,
Milind

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject
to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you
have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss
or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability
for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing. If this email contains an offer, that should be considered as an invitation
to treat.