ant-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Holzwarth <chuck_holzwa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Variables and zip file comments
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:15:44 GMT
The builds I do are differential builds. I use svn diff to gather the diffs. The system is
composed of several modules. Each module goes into its own zip file. When code is released,
the zip files require a comment that contains, among other things, the names of all of the
zip files that are part of the release.

I have been trying to set a variable with the list of module file names. The problem I have
is that when the target where I set the variable exits, the variable reverts to the previous
value. Is there a way to make a variable persistent?

In the mean time, I have been creating a file that contains the zip file comment. I have not
been able to insert the comment in the zip file using the zip comment function.
Can anyone provide an example of reading a file, carriage returns and all, into a variable
or property and adding to the zip file as a comment?
Can anyone provide an example of using the zip target to add the contents of a file to the
zip file as a comment?

Thank you,
Chuck Holzwarth