ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to set an environment variable through Ant?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 06:06:16 GMT
Hello,

For ANT task that spawn a seperate process (<javac> and <exec>
come to mind) there are attributes to allow you define 'environment variable' that will be
applied to the process that the task will run in.

The ANT Manual for these two tasks are quite helpful

Hope that helps,

Ninju

----- Original Message ----

From: Saladin Sharif <al_zawiah@yahoo.com>

To: user@ant.apache.org

Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2007 7:51:48 PM

Subject: How to set an environment variable through Ant?

 I am just curious whether there is a clean way to set environment  variables through ANT.
 You see, before running my Ant script, I am  currently setting my environment variables through
a shell script, and I aslo  have a batch script version for when running Ant on windows.
I would  like to get rid of the shell script / batch script, and just set those  environment
variables directly in my Ant script (build.xml).  Is this  something possible with Ant?

Thanks in advance,

-Saladin

* Saladin Sharif

* e-mail: al_zawiah@yahoo.com