ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xslt when run from other dir from maven gets "Provider for javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory cannot be found"
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:48:02 GMT
Karr, David wrote:
> [...]

1. There is this other bit of memory, PermGenHeapSpace, which can also
lead to OOM exceptions, and it needs to be set up with its own -X
option, on Sun's JVM.

I've recently switched to using BEA's JRockit JVM ;it doesnt have a
separate option for that space, and is far less memory hungry in 64-bit
mode. As these JVMs are free to use, try grabbing it.

2. Try switching away from the java5 XSL engine to xalan proper, by
grabbing a version of xalan from http://xml.apache.org/ and sticking it
in ANT_HOME/lib. This will switch most XML tasks under ant to the new
xsl engine, which is less memory hungry

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/