ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Headless Ant: problems with loggers and listeners
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:08:26 GMT
Gabriele Bodda wrote:
> Hi, I've found one more element.
>
> I got exactly the same error if I launch Ant through Eclipse with ANY
> listener, even with "-listener org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger" that happens
> to be cited even in the Ant manual.
>
> To be more precise: it seems like the parameter -listener doesn't work when
> you launch Ant from INSIDE Eclipse (Run -> Ant Build...) or as an Eclipse
> application (at the end, it should be the same...)
>
> So, it isn't directly related to CC (if I run "ant" from the command line it
> works fine even with all the CC listeners and loggers), but I need it fixed
> if I want to use CC with my build script... Any ideas? It seems really
> strange to me that you can't use the -listener parameter when you run a
> build inside eclipse!
>
> Thanks,
> Gab

this isnt that strange, its the same for all the IDES. Ants
listener/logger /input services are there to glue ant's IO with the
outside world. When you build under eclipse, you get everything
happening under the IDE. If you could switch logger, everything would break.

This isnt an ant feature, it will be the IDE stripping out any -listener
options before it gets down to ant.

-tseve

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/