ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating SymLinks with relative paths
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:06:14 GMT
yvesforkl wrote:

> Andrew Goktepe wrote:
>> The symlink task (http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/symlink.html)
>> can be used to create symbolic links with relative paths on a per-file
>> basis [...]
>>

> Thank you for this hint, once again I see that most of what needs to be done
> is fairly easy with ant. I wonder why I didn't simply search for "symlink"
> at  http://ant.apache.org/ http://ant.apache.org/ ...
>
> But even if I had found the symlink task, I would never have been able to
> come up with the solution below which is what I need, as I have set of files
> which I can't pass to the symlink task. (It's a pity that ant does have to
> do without true loops, but I know that this is one of its strengths.)

I hit this symlink problem while trying to create links for use in a tar
file -and dropped to <exec> "ln -s". I'd like to extend <tar> in future
so that we can add symlinks directly into the tar, bypassing the
filesystem altogether. This would let you create tarfiles with symlinks
under windows too.

no time allocated to do this yet, of course...

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/