ant-user mailing list archives

From "todd runstein" <todd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I set a classpath for my custom task?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:26:20 GMT
The project is non platform specific, so it can run in a container, in
a swing app, or from the command line.  The project applies schema
changes to a database.  The user creates a class that implements a
single interface, adding code that the project uses to apply the
changes.  I've currently got this working from the command line and in
a servlet (in it's init method).  I really want to create a simple to
use ant task so schema changes can be applied prior to deployment,
test runs, or whatever, but I can't get this classloader thing figured
out.

Not sure if it's helpful, but if you need more specifics about what
I'm trying to do, the project is on sourceforge under the name
migrate4j.  If there's more info that I can provide, just let me know.

Todd

On Nov 21, 2007 1:40 PM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Todd-Could you provide a bit more contextWill you be implementing this (web)application
under J2EE server -or- perhaps a container such as Catalina or Jetty?Generally these environments
support their own classloader loading algorithms depending on the capability and security
characteristics of the (web)application you will be implementing and which J2EE server and
container will be the implementor-Martin