ant-user mailing list archives

From sonaluphale <suph...@savvion.com>
Subject Implicitly call a target in imported file
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 07:21:30 GMT

Hi everyone,
Here is the scenario that we are trying to implement using ANT.
1) We have multiple projects, each having individual build.xml
2) The common targets are defined in common.xml in commons folder at the
same level of other projects.
3) common.xml contains validateproperties target which will validate certain
properties.
4) Each build.xml will import common.xml.

Now, I dont want each project's build.xml to explicitly make a call to
validateprops target. Is there way that when I import a file, it will
execute a desired target in it. (Like static block in java)

Thanks,
Sonal.