ant-user mailing list archives

From "bora.erbas" <bora.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re-compile project if a jar file is modified
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:29:19 GMT

Hi,

This must be a basic question but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
Basically I have multiple projects with build files for each. For example:
ComponentA:
>compA
>>src/...
>>build/dist/comA.jar
>>build.xml

ComponentB:
>compB
>>src/...
>>build/dist/comB.jar
>>build.xml

Now B depends on A and hence in B's build file I add
"../compA/build/dist/*.jar" as a dependency. But whenever I modify/compile A
and create comA.jar, the compile target of B doesn't compile anything; it
doesn't see any changes. So apparently ant doesn't check if the dependency
jar files are modified or not...Right? How can I achieve this with ant?
Something like maven's snapshot feature...

Best regards,
Bora.