ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dharmesh Vyas" <dharmesh.m...@gmail.com>
Subject <exec> task + timeout property
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:43:37 GMT
Hello,

I am runninng exec task to run particular tests. Few of these tests gets
stuck in between and keeps on waiting for some infinite time. In order to
avoid that I have put timeout and failonerror="No" so that once it times out
it can move forward to run other targets. From Ant manual - exec task -
timeout property - the description I see is "Stop the command if it doesn't
finish within the specified time (given in milliseconds)." . That means the
command below has to finish within 100 miliseconds otherwise it should fail.
That does not happen somehow for me when the tests get stuck. If I put very
tiny time like 10 milisecond then it won't run only and fail immediately,
that is how it should work.

<exec executable="cmd.exe" os="${buildplatform}" append="true" failonerror
="No" timeout="100" dir="${basedir}\..\BuildTest">

<arg line='/c command to perform test/>

</exec>

Please let me know if I am missing something or have got wrong meaning about
the timeout command.

Thanks in advance,
- Dharmesh.