ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Passing property from subproject back to parent project
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:11:07 GMT
Simple answer: No.

More complex answer: You could create a file using echo tasks that
would write a *.properties file that would then be read in by the
calling build script. Very intelligent, but I think this would be the
only way of doing it.

On 10/12/07, info-rico@gmx.net <info-rico@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use ANT to build a number of subprojects all controlled from one master parent ANT
build file. I use the <ant antfile="subproject1/build.xml" target="test"/> task to call
various targets in subprojects.

> In the subproject-targets I set properties, but they are not available in the parent
project. The manual for the "ant" task says that a new project is created for each ant call,
so I assume that's why the properties are not set in the parent project.

> Here my question:
>
> Is there a way how I can access properties set in a subproject in the parent project?
>
> Here is one use case:
>
> In subprojects I use the junit failureproperty option to indicate a test failure, I don't
fail the build on a test failure, because I want to run tests for all subprojects and generate
reports, etc. In my parent project I want to check for these properties and generate an HTML
summary page with links to the detailed results.

> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Rico
>

> --
> Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
> Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com