ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help regarding ANT.
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:42:18 GMT
What task is being called on line 222 of your build.xml file?

What this is saying is that a class needed for a particular task
cannot be found. It could be a missing *.jar file.

I believe you'll find that you're trying to implement the "deploy"
task of Tomcat. Since you're getting the classfile reference, this
means that the task definition is intact, but it cannot locate the
needed *.class file that is connected to the definition.

It appears that this needed task is related tomcat. Do you have the
catalina-ant.jar in your CLASSPATH, or inside the lib folder inside
your ANT_HOME directory?

If not, you can get that by downloading the "tomcat-deployer" from the
tomcat website <http://tomcat.apache.org>.

The other problem is that you're using the wrong version of tomcat.
Check the "Which Version" link
<http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html>, and make sure you're
installing the correct version you need.

On 10/10/07, Ravishankar BV. <ravishankar_bv@mindtree.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm new to Apache and ANT (and even java tools).  I'm purely into "C".  So,
> sorry if this looks silly and trivial.
>

> I have a build.xml file and when I run:
>

> $ ant -f build.xml generate.html, I get an error:
>

> /build.xml:202: taskdef class org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask cannot be
> found
>

> Can anyone let me know why this error is occurring?  Did some googling and
> still clueless.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Ravi.
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If
you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole
or in part is strictly prohibited.
> E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses
and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize
the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
> Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for
any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
> MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to
or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com