ant-user mailing list archives

From ckn...@onebox.com
Subject RE: help regarding ANT.
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:24:14 GMT
You may get more help if you give more information. Ant is telling you that it cannot find
a class that it needs. This is very likely a classpath issue (that's something that takes
a while for new Java programmers to get used to).

Post your build.xml file and we may be able to offer more help after looking it over.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Ravishankar BV. <ravishankar_bv@mindtree.com>
Sent:     Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:32:54 +0530
To:       <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject:  help regarding ANT.

Hi all,

I'm new to Apache and ANT (and even java tools).  I'm purely into "C".  So,
sorry if this looks silly and trivial.

I have a build.xml file and when I run:

$ ant -f build.xml generate.html, I get an error:

/build.xml:202: taskdef class org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask cannot be
found

Can anyone let me know why this error is occurring?  Did some googling and
still clueless.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi.

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have
received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this
message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or
in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects.
While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks,
MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating
either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any
improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from
MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the
MindTree e-mail system or else where.