ant-user mailing list archives

From J MacKay <jm.junkm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: XmlProperty - can I specify the property value delimiter?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:43:38 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> BTW: sources are directly viewable on

Ah, much better.  As you can tell I'm still learning my way around svn ;)

> duplicating seems to be the "easiest" way...

Okay, good. That sounds like what I did.

> What is the usecase for having an alternative delimiter?

I need to pass property "x" to a utility class. The utility class splits the property string
on a delimiter and adds each piece to a List object. The List object is then used by another
class. But since my data may already contain commas, the utility can't always parse the values
correctly.  So an alternative delimiter solves that issue for me.